Filed under: Garden Advice, Garden Courses, Garden Nightclasses, Garden Open Days, Garden Visits, Gardening, Lifelong Learning, Oatridge College, Suntrap, Suntrap Garden, Uncategorized | Tags: Directions to suntrap garden, Garden Open Days, gardens, Oatridge College, Suntrap, Suntrap Garden
NEWSFLASH 2009 Open Day is on Sunday 24th May. Check out the details here.
Suntrap – Scotland’s hidden gem bursts into life.
One of the finest gardens in Scotland opens its door for its once a year public outing on Sunday 25 May 2008 between 10.30 am and 4.30 pm.
This remarkable haven of tranquility and stunning horticultural collections once again invites the general public to view its collection at the height of its beauty.
Established in 1957 by wealthy philanthropist George Boyd Anderson, it has long been considered one of Scotland’s finest gardens and yet is unknown even to the keenest gardener.
As well as showcasing its excellent planting, a truly sensual sensory garden and a delightful setting the open day boasts main ‘extras’ to add a further dimension:
– garden advice
– Exhibitors from the Royal Caledonian Society, Perennial and the Scottish Bonsai Collection
– Plants Sales
– Gardening demonstrations throughout the day, find out how to look after your bonsai and how to make a beautiful summer floral display in a container or hanging basket
– Guided tours of the garden
– Teas and coffee with home baking
– Games for both adults and children
At only £2 for adults and £1 for children (50% of the gate money going to charity).
It’s the only place to be.
How to find us
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment